Tuesday, November 6, 2007

First Babysitter and Other Adventures

Halloween came and went with not much fuss. Lil J dressed as a Florida Panther hockey player. He had a cold and a fever so we didn't Trick or Treat (Big J was teaching that night anyway). Lil J and I sat on our front porch and handed out candy. He was quite amused by this process. Everytime he dropped a Reeses Peanut Butter Cup in a child's bag, he looked at me and shouted, "I gave candy, Mommy, I gave candy!" It was really cute. Then, whenever someone would walk by the end of the driveway, he'd stand up and shout, "GO PANTHERS!" He had me and my neighbor in stitches. Hopefully, next year, Big J will be home to take him out so I can stay behind and give out the treats.

Saturday was another Miami Hurricanes football game. We took Lil J and H&J and had a moderately good time, they lost in overtime. Lil J fell asleep on Big J's shoulder just about the time regulation play ended. After a few minutes of that, his back started to hurt so Lil J was passed to me. Even with all the movement and crowd cheering, Lil J remained asleep...amazing. We carried him out of the stands, down a huge ramp from the 2nd level of the stadium and then another 7 or 8 blocks to the car and the kid never woke up.

Sunday was Big J's grandfather's 90th birthday party. PopPop, as Lil J calls him, had a great time and all the family was there, even Big J's aunt Vicki and Uncle Steven (Family drama! Oy!). I'm using their real names because they don't deserve the privacy. We had great food and all the kids played together and had a great time. Too bad Big J was sick with a cold.

Sunday night, we hired our very first babysitter from Sittercity.com. She came over at 6pm to meet us and Lil J. She was very sweet and didn't mind our 85 pound annoying Golden Retriever, Rocky. Lil J just happened to fall asleep on the way home from PopPop's party so we had to wake him to meet her. He was a little cranky but lightened up after 2 hotdogs and some applesauce. Big J and I left him at the dinner table with her and he was fine. We actually tried out a restaurant for the first time called Chopsticks. It's an Asian Fusion place with Thai, Sushi and Japanese. We'll definitely be going back there. Yummy. We got home and Lil J and the sitter had gotten along just fine. She'll be coming back next week for the last Miami game at the Orange Bowl. Maybe they'll win that game...one can only hope.

1 comment:

CPA Mom said...

So you had a good experience with Sitter City? I've been leary of using someone I don't know. I'd want sittercams all over the house or something.

My kids love to hand out candy too. Tigger says "kids! candy get you here!"

GO DEVILS! GO CANES!