Monday, October 29, 2007

Crohns and Disney World

I woke up on Friday morning, after feeling pretty tired and achy for the last week, with another abcess from my Crohns (and a fever, indigestion and no appetite). It's in a very bad place and if the doctor drains it or it starts to drain on it's own, I could end up with a recto-vaginal fistula and those things only seem to heal when you go back to an ostomy bag. NOT HAPPENING! So I saw my surgeon and he said, "I think you should be in the hospital" and I said, "I'm going to Disney World with my family this weekend. Give me antibiotics and if I still don't feel well when I get home, you can decide what to do."

So I'm home. I'm nauseous from all the antibiotics and still tired but the abcess doesn't hurt quite as much. Still having other stomach issues. If they aren't resolved by tomorrow morning, I'll call the doctor.

We did have a lot of fun in Disney. We spent Saturday in the Magic Kindom and Lil J enjoyed it as much as ever. No nap and he insisted on walking most of the time. He was great. We met some friends who were in town w/o their kids for a marathon at MGM and had dinner with them. It was nice to see them and catch up for a few hours. We'll be spending 3 full days with them at the parks in January with all the kids. Sunday we spent at Animal Kindom with my brother and his family. It was a little hotter and a little more crowded than Saturday which made everyone a little cranky. It's also a pretty boring park compared to the other 3. I think we'll wait a while to go back there.

We drove home, had dinner with my M&D and then headed home. Back to work...maybe that's what's making me sick?

1 comment:

CPA Mom said...

I'm sorry it's taken me so long to catch up with you here! Hopefully you are on the mend now. Crohn's sucks monkey balls. I'm so sorry you are going through this. xoxo to Big and Little J.