Monday, October 22, 2007

What did we do?

I'm trying hard to remember this past weekend. It's only Monday at 9:30am and it's already a blur.

Friday night - Big J taught, Lil J and I hung around the house

Saturday - Big J taught until 4:30, Lil J and I went to the Festival Flea Market. He walked through the entire place just holding my hand and that was a lot of walking. We had lunch at McDonalds. How many toddlers do you know who prefer apples, grapes and lowfat yogurt over chicken nuggets and fries? I know one. Mine! He fell asleep on the ride home so I drove around a little more so he could get a decent nap in. Then we watched Indiana football until Big J came home. Then we watched Miami squeek out a win over FSU. Big J got so excited that he was yelling and made Lil J cry hysterically. It was soooo sad.

Sunday - Big J went fishing, Lil J and I picked up H&J and went to the Taste of Lexus. It's an event sponsered by Lexus where you can drive any of the cars they have around courses in a parking lot. I drove the Hybrid SUV and the convertible. I would have liked to drive the $104,00 luxury LS sedan but it was too hot, too crowded and too disorganized. Afterwards, we went to Tutu and Grandpa's. Lil J ran into their apartment looking for his PopPop who's 90 years old.

Sunday night - Took Lil J to the mall for new sneakers at StrideRite. I have no problem buying him the cheap ones from Payless but they fall apart before he out grows them. This time, we found some cute ones at StrideRite that were on sale ($30 instead of $45). Hopefully, they'll last longer than the Payless ones. Then we took some pictures of him at Sadie's in a Nascar scene. Not a fan of Nascar at all but he looked so cute sitting in the car.

This morning, I dropped Lil J off at daycare. He's moved up to the 2B classroom and he cries when I take him in. He says, "Mommy, I no like this room." It's so sad because his friends are in that classroom and he needs to be with the older kids. When he's in the 2A room, he's 6 months older than all the other kids. Most don't talk and still suck on pacifiers. In the 2B room, they are potty training and they all talk. Hopefully, he'll be better by the end of the week because it breaks my heart to walk out when he's crying.

1 comment:

CPA Mom said...

"Big J taught" - what? He is teaching? Details woman!

HP watched the Miami game too - luckily the kids are used to the yelling!

We have always gotten Stride Rite - they last a long, long time. We may have to switch to payless now for the kids - $$$ -

My Eeyore STILL cries and fusses when I drop her off and she's 3! She is totally playing me but it still makes me sad too. Hang in there. By the time you get to the car, he is probably fine.