Monday, October 8, 2007

Long Week

So it was a long week because Big J was in Orlando for an HR conference Tuesday until Friday night. Lil J was really good the entire week which made it much easier on me.

This weekend is a blur because it went by so quickly. We were supposed to get together with M&S and their kids and go swimming at Nova but RyRy had an ear infection and a fever. Lil J and I hung around the house, took a walk and waited for my brother to come over with the kids. The kids played together really well and fun was had by all. Saturday night, we went to see the Panthers/Devils hockey game. It was the Panthers opening night and Lil J fell alseep in the car about 2 minutes before we pulled into the parking lot. He's been fighting us to take naps on the weekends and always manages to fall alseep just as we arrive someplace.

So, we woke him up and had a great time at the game (Devils won, Yeah!).

Sunday we went to Dunkin Donuts for breakfast, Home Depot for some crap around the house and Best Buy so Big J could get a new game for the Wii. He wanted to buy XBox 360 just so he could play Halo 3. I just can't imagine spending $300 plus on a game system for one $50 game that he'll play once or twice. Stupid waste of money.

Big J then power washed some stuff in the yard while Lil J and I played in the pool with the hose in the backyard. Again, tried for a nap but he fought it. I finally broke down and threw him in the car to drive him around til he fell asleep. Sure enought, 1.4 miles from the house and he was out like a light. I drove around for another 20 minutes to let him sleep but at $3.15 a gallon, it's hard to justify driving around for an hour. We got back to the house and it was NOT a good transfer. He woke up when I put him down in his crib and that was the end of the nap.

What happened to my little baby who would sleep for 3 hours on the weekends? I have lost my weekend time to myself now.

Later Sunday evening, we headed over to our friends' house for dinner and to play. They have a 3 year old who Jacob seems to like. We played in the backyard in their bounce house and swingset and then had sandwiches for dinner. Then it was back home for bathtime and bed.

Now I'm sitting at my desk, waiting for some work to do. I hate Mondays!

1 comment:

CPA Mom said...

I remember when Tigger gave up his naps on the weekend. At least Eeyore still goes down for at least 2 hours. So did Big J buy the xbox 360? That is a lot of $. When I think of the bills I could pay with that much! HA!