Monday, September 24, 2007

6th Anniversary Weekend

Friday night, my friend Alan came to visit. He stayed with us for the evening where we enjoyed dinner at El Mariachi and then hung out in the backyard smoking cigars and catching up. Lil J just adored him, giving him big hugs, knuckles and high fives.

Saturday, Alan and I walked Lil J to Dunkin Donuts because Big J was teaching. After breakfast, Alan left and Lil J and I played in the backyard in the plastic kiddie pool and with the hose. It was a beautiful morning. Later in the day, Alan came back and then Big J came home. I had to pick up H&J at the Miami Airport after their trip to Denver. The flight was delayed which worked to my advantage because I could leave Lil J at home. After finally finding a parking spot, I found them and drove them home. They came back to our house at 8pm because it was mine and Big J's 6th anniversary.

We headed over the the Melting Pot for dinner where we shared the Cheddar Cheese appetizer, salads and then the Seafood Big Night Out. We had shrimp, lobster tails, chicken, pork, veggies and pasta. For dessert, we had Dark Chocolate and Peanut Butter Fondue. Life was good.

Sunday morning we took Lil J to the park to run around the playground and kick the ball on the soccer field. He's having some trouble napping and getting to sleep at night because we had to take his Sushy (pacifier) away. The dentist said it was messing up his bite. After 3 nights of hysterics for 30-40 minutes, he actually cried for about 2 minutes on Sunday night and that was it. Hopefully, we're over the worst.

This week is Rosh Hashonah, my company IT meeting in West Palm Beach and then it's off to Toronto the next week, fun, fun fun.

1 comment:

CPA Mom said...

I love the melting pot! Yummo!

How was Toronto? I've never been.